|A course designed to help doctors improve their English communication skills and fluency and to support medical students prepare for an elective attachment in an English-speaking country. The course focuses on medical terms and procedures in English as well as on English terms which have a special meaning in the medical field.|
English in use for Doctors – 30 hours
from: 420,00 € (ex. VAT)
- Medical students and doctors.
- Interpreters and translators wishing to learn specific terms.
- B2 level of English required
30-hour course, articulated in:
- 15 2-hour lessons
Concept & Goals
- To improve reading and comprehension of medical journals and textbooks
- To improve the learners’ ability in writing letters and memoranda
- To strengthen the speaking skills to become more fluent in meetings, presentations, interviews and discussions
- The Basics: parts of the body, functions, health and illness.
- Medical and paramedical personnel: practitioners, nurses, health professionals.
- Places: hospitals, clinic, GP’s.
- Medical training: medical education in the UK, medical qualifications, programmes.
- Diseases and symptoms: talking about problems and symptoms, types of diseases.
- Basic investigations and tests: laboratory tests, endoscopy, X-ray, CT. MRI, ECG and ultrasound.
- Medical treatments: prescriptions, surgical treatments, therapies.
- Discussing treatments: advising, warnings.
- Medical Ethics: guidelines.
- Preparing presentations and conferences: data presentation, research articles, presentation structure, case study.
At the end of the course a certificate of participation will be issued
Luxembourg Business Register # : B248141 – Ministerial Authorization #: 10114513 / 0
€ 590,00 (+ VAT)
€ 490,00 (+ VAT) – AIIC Members and G2E Partners
€ 420,00 (+VAT) – Students
*The course will start with a minimum of 6 participants
Étudiants, Standard, Organismes Partenaires G2E